2 Day Workshop - Enhanced Approach for Analytical Procedures
This 2-day workshop demonstrates the enhanced approach for analytical procedures from development to continual monitoring of routine performance and how it can result in more robust procedures. The principles can also be applied to verification and transfer of procedures.
A fun, hands on practical component using a Statapult has been designed to demonstrate the enhanced approach including setting a target profile, investigating and controlling variables for the process and qualifying the process against the predetermined target.
Case studies are included for development of a new procedure and verification of a compendial monograph procedure.
Although the material is based on HPLC for small molecules, the principles taught and the practical session, may also be applied to analytical procedures for large molecules.
This workshop is based on ICH Q8, Q9, Q10and Q14 (a working group has been assigned to write this new guideline)
The workshop emphasizes practical issues such as:
- Setting a predetermined target profile for procedure performance
- Method understanding
- Development of the Analytical Control strategy
- Using Risk Assessment Strategies
- The importance of knowledge transfer and good communication
- Exploring and controlling variables of analytical methods
- Improvement of analytical procedure performance
It will deliver the tools to enable you to:
- Be up to date with best practices and guidelines for analytical procedures
- Share and consider problems associated with analytical procedures
- Define a target profile
- Apply the enhanced approach to development of new procedures
- Apply the enhanced approach to existing procedures for successful Verification and Transfer
- Develop and optimize a robust control strategy leading to more robust analytical procedures
- Understand how to monitor analytical procedures for acceptable performance throughout its lifecycle.
Who should attend?
Chemists or management involved in the testing of pharmaceutical products
Managers, Supervisors, Laboratory Analysts and Associates involved in the development, validation, transfer, testing or review of analytical procedures in the Pharmaceutical and related industries with daily responsibilities in the following areas:
Analytical Development Laboratory
Quality Control Laboratory
What’s included with the workshop?
Each participant will receive:
- A certificate of attendance upon completion of the workshop.
- Printed materials and handouts relating to the workshop
- Lunch and light refreshments each day.
Pauline McGregor, PhD. CChem MRSC has over 30 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry. She been involved in the development of this topic since 2010 and has been an active member of the USP expert panel for Validation, Verification and Transfer of Analytical Procedures.
Course runs 9:00 am - 4:30 pm on both days.
|Course Date||Mar-04, 2019 9:00 am|
|Course End Date||Mar-05, 2019 4:30 pm|
|Registration Start Date||Feb 01, 2019|
|Cut off date||Feb 18, 2019|
|Course Leader||Pauline McGregor, P.h.D.CChem MRSC|
|Location||Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport|